CLOSING UP A COMPANY
If a company has ceased trading (or has never traded and is not going to do so) it should be taken off the Register of Companies.
This is vital for three reasons:
- You may be due a tax refund when closing the company – we can check this for you and let you know what refund is due.
- A company, whether trading or not, has to file a return annually with the Registrar of Companies with a set of accounts. If the company is not trading, fees in the preparation of the accounts and filing fees will still have to be incurred.
- Directors of a company that do not file the required Returns in the Companies Office on time, leave themselves open to a potential fine by the Companies Office € 1,905 plus late filing fees which are enforced and are costly and unnecessary.
We can arrange to have your company taken off the Register. The cost of doing so is € 295 plus VAT, with the one additional cost of a newspaper ad (a legal requirement) costing Euro 140 plus VAT.
The closing up a company process includes the following:
- Preparation of a statement to the effect that the company has ceased trading or has never traded, and that it will not re-commence or commence trading, as applicable, in the period prior to its being struck off the register
- A statement to the effect that the company has no assets or currently outstanding liabilities
- Filing of all outstanding annual returns and payment of relevant fees and penalties
- A letter of no objection from the Revenue Commissioners
- An advertisement published in one daily newspaper circulating in the locality of the registered office of the company.
If you have decided to wind up your company it is important to start the process as soon as possible as winding up a company can take 4 to 6 weeks on average.
Call us today on 01-2848911 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your company and winding it up.